Nothing says summer like ice cream. Make a special end-of-school memory with this sweet project from The Educator’s Spin On It. Each child creates their own “scoop” of ice cream and a giant cone to hold a scoop from every classmate. Our twist: Embellish each scoop with a photo! Each child will take home a truly sweet story of their school year…one that includes all of their pals! Top it off with a poem that says it all, “We’re like an ice cream, each of us unique. But when we come together, our cone is complete.”
What you’ll need:
- Construction paper in a variety of colors
- Scissors and glue
- Printable poems, one for each child, cut apart to glue. Use the printable for $1.99 or make your own.
- Small portraits of each child in the class. This is another way to enjoy minis from your Teddy Bear Portraits Pack O’ Photos. You’ll need enough copies of each portrait for every child in the class.
Serve it up:
As needed, pre-cut and glue for very young kids.
- Cut out each portrait in a circle.
- To make the scoops, cut circles from the paper that are large enough to hold a portrait plus the child’s name. Size these to include a border so kids can glue the scoops together without covering up the photos. Use a different color for each child. They should all have the same number of scoops as children in the class.
- Cut out a big ice cream cone for each child. This may be several inches tall, large enough to scoop it high and hold the poem. Glue a poem onto each cone.
- Let each child add their portraits and names to their scoops. Jazz up those ice cream cones, too!
- Pile on the fun. When the scoops are ready, each child picks up one from each classmate and glues the scoops onto their cones. Stack ‘em high, spill ‘em over, make pyramids, rows or wrap them around.
Now that’s a cool treat . . . and no worries about drips on the car seat on the way home!